it was this kind of day...

got up early, 
quick breakfast, 
off to a MOMS club meeting, 
lunch time fun with friends, 
missed our nap {too much fun with friends} 
picked Auntie up from work, 
made appointments, 
talked with Doctors, 
made a zillion phone calls, 
got Kara off the kitchen counter tops one hundred times, 
answered one more phone call, 
pulled a small toy out of Rachel's ear 
{she thought it belonged there, apparently} 
*while helping Rachel with the toy in her ear....*
.... Kara found a new tub of lotion 
{one I thought I put high enough out of her reach} 
cleaned up the mess, 
bathed Kara, 
greeted Daddy at the door soon after, 
we all got ready for Bible study, 
went to Bible study, 
ate a yummy dinner, 
visited with people we love, 
felt very blessed......... 

somehow, even after days like today; messes that were part of today and craziness that seems too much to fit into one day, at the end of it all, I can't help but smile and tell myself... it could be worse. 
"I wonder if this is what it looks like to God, when we make a total mess of things."
-Ethan, upon seeing his sister in the bathroom, covered head to toe in lotion. 

Comments

Brooke said…
That picture is hilarious :)
Maritez said…
Smart Mom...remembering to take a picture before cleaning her up!
Melissa Joy said…
I love what Ethan said!
I think my boy will say clever things like that once he can talk. :) Your Ethan always makes me smile.
Stef said…
me too, Melissa :)
Ethan has a very tender heart and is an extremely deep thinker. Always has lots of questions and deeper questions that follow the questions :-)
Emily said…
All I can do is just laugh at Kara! So funny!
Carrie said…
Well, Ethan is sure a deep thinker! I love that picture. I have walked into, or had her walk out to show me, that same seen. Good times.
Nicola said…
Out of the mouths of Babes. They see quite clearly.
I know how it is to have those days. You really just need to smile and keep going!
Anonymous said…
That sounds like a very perfect day : ) I love it. I bet she smelled delicious : )
Jane said…
This picture is priceless!!!
I think it should be on a birthday card that says "pamper yourself"

I put it as my wallpaper and it makes me smile everyday :)
Stef said…
Good idea, Mom! I totally should.
That sounds like a very perfect day : ) I love it. I bet she smelled delicious : )
Stef said…
Good idea, Mom! I totally should.
Brooke said…
That picture is hilarious :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Giveaway!!

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

at the risk of great controversy