Wednesday Wanderings

 I took a lot of these pics with my cell phone on that Hipstimatic setting. Not sure I like this setting {at all} but I didn't feel like spending the time changing it to one I liked.
We started off the day last Wednesday heading out to run some errands and then meet up with our friends at the park and then go to the beach with them. One reason I love where we live is, we're far enough from Seattle to be away from the busyness of city life, but we're close enough to Lake Washington to roll down there for an hour or the day, any time we want.

 I love how even in the middle of the hot summer days, you can still see snow capped Cascades and Mt. Rainier covered in luscious snow. Its beautiful, but also plays some weird tricks on your mind :)


 see the lake behind the park? that's right near where my future brother-in-law proposed to 
my little sister. Just a random fun-fact :) 

     Kara and Lilly discover "very dirty ocean" and can't figure out if there's sharks in it or not :)

 the kids were running through these hobbit type holes into the brush and 
playing hide-n-seek with each other. 
I couldn't help but think, when my siblings and I were younger, 
we would've had a ton of fun in here. 

     Kara apologizes for her bad attitude: Abbie, Rachel, Jake, baby Amelia, Ethan and Lilly at the lake!
the Solvang family goes to church with them and we think its pretty cool that we have similar aged kids
with the same gender order. How much better could we have planned that?! 

 I have more pictures of the rest of our beach time with the Solvangs that I'll put below this post. 

                             * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Wednesday ended up being very busy. 
We got home from our park/lake adventure and Kara and I sacked out on the couch. 
Woke up in time to get ready and head out to our church's Community Group picnic! 
This is the last picture I have of Kara using a pacifier... we said goodbye to them last night 
and have ventured into total big girl land. Its a happy and sad time... 

Comments

Hannah said…
I can't get over how beautiful Kara's eyebrows are.
Seriously.
Erin said…
Aw! Little Kara! :( :) It is a happy & sad time when pacifier goes.

Looks like you guys have been having some fun days! Happy summer!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away