things I desire; a random post.

clarity, in a world that seems so unclear about so much.
I get so tired of having to battle my own mind; my own thoughts and desires.
Being firmly rooted in God's Word and in community with His people is a great way to achieve this.
And even though I know those things are true, I find myself trying so many different ways to achieve clarity before doing what I know is right and true.
in Matthew 11:28 Jesus said, "come to me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." 

JOY, even in the midst of great sorrow.

I want to love, even when I don't agree. 
Not in a cheesy, shallow "everyone sing peace, love and harmony" way, but in a real, honest to goodness, genuine, Christ like way.
Love that desires to help, to serve, to go the extra mile and that seeks nothing in return.
You know, the love like a Father sending His only Son to die for my sins? Yes. That love.

I want my kids to grow up in a country where freedom means freedom for all, not just the freedoms that make a specific group of people happy and comfortable.
Freedom to say what's on their mind, freedom to live lives the way they want {without causing others harm or danger of course} and freedom to raise their families the way they want.

I want to blush at sin, but also understand that I'm no better than the person next to me.
To hate sin, while realizing I've not risen above it.
If there is any good in me, it came from God. I didn't earn it and I've done nothing to deserve it. 

*To seek peace and not a good argument.

*To hold fast to the truths of God's word, no matter how lost it gets in society.

*To remember there's nothing new under the sun. Nothing.

*To remember God will always be victorious.

*To not be a functional atheist; claiming to have faith but not practicing it.

I want to remember that love spoken can sometimes be hard to hear...
Proverbs 27:6 "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy." 


Selflessness promotes love and joy. Selfishness promotes bitterness and hate.

To be thankful for the ways God has protected and sheltered me; not despising His work in my life by acting like I needed to experience more or sin more to gain more of His grace.

To remember that with Christ, ALL things are possible...

Mark 10:27 "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.'" 

Luke 18:27 "But he said, 'what is impossible with man is possible with God.'" 


*To live out in my home, what I preach out in the world.
*To be a delight and joy for my husband to come home to.
*To remember a complaining spirit is hard to live with.
*To show my kids each day how they've enriched and blessed my life.
So that they won't grow up feeling more like a burden and drudgery to get through.

To be offended, but then handing it to God and not to so readily take in every offense that comes my way.

*To listen well.

*To never stop learning.

*To not think I have more to teach than to learn.

*To admire the strength I see in others, without envy.

and... to shower before 2pm.
no, seriously. that last one is kind of important ;-)


Comments

Gina said…
This sounds so much like a conversation I was haging with myself this morning after listening to a sermon. I can so relate! Some of these are so much harder to attain than others--but I'll strive on. :-) Thanks for this post--I know I am not alone in my shortcomings. :-)
Tara said…
i can relate to this so much. thanks for posting!!
W and J said…
YES! Wait, does that mean no more pity parties??! Ack! :) I love your wisdom.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away