Miles Jon | 5 months

My sweet boy, you are 5 months old today!
We're quickly approaching that 6 month mark and at least for me, 6-12 months goes by in the blink of an eye.
I love you so much, Miles.
I love singing to you while you nurse
watching you as you lay in my arms asleep
hearing your sweet voice as you talk to your toys
any chance I catch your sweet smile....
and I love that God gave me the privilege of being your Mama.

You're getting so big and yet staying so cuddly and small at the same time. We still rock you to sleep and enjoy those quiet, still moments when your siblings have gone to bed and Daddy and I can just enjoy you for an hour or so. Its bliss.
You weigh 14 1/2 pounds and are 26 inches long. Your head still hits the charts at the 95th percentile ;-)
You have a very sweet personality. Its easy to make you smile and its easy to make you cry. I don't mean that in a weird way... you just have a very tender personality and if you hear someone else cry, you get choked up. I love when you get that concerned look on your face and then your lower lip starts to quiver. Its the cutest thing ever.

Nursing is going well. You nurse every 2-3 hours during the day and you go in 5-7 hour stretches at night. A couple of your growth spurts have been rough - especially the 4 month one. But I'm so thankful you're still nursing strong.
You have days where you don't like to nap. You take little 10-20 minute cat naps, which Mama isn't a fan of. But then the other days you take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and I can only assume this weird schedule is normal for a growing boy :)

5 months of you in our family has been amazing. So thankful God blessed us with you.
We love you so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away