Laughing out LOUD

I'm not posting this on Facebook because its a cute/funny conversation I had with Ethan and I'd rather it not get turned into a debate about Santa, or movies... or vaccines. No, I'm not joking.

Our neighbor boy's  name is Sully. He comes over a lot to play with Ethan. He was here yesterday and this morning Ethan told me this...

E:  "So Mommy, yesterday when Sully was here, he asked me if I wanted to tell him a secret I'm keeping. Since I'm not keeping any secrets right now, I told him about our surprise trip to see Nana & Papa for Christmas.

S: "what did he think about that? That's a pretty big secret."

E: "He said it wasn't as fun as his secret."

S: "Ah. What's his secret?"

E: "Well, he told me that he's the real Obi-wan Kenobi... From Star Wars."

S: <laughing out loud>

E: "I know... I wasn't sure what to say to him. I felt the same way I do when bigger kids still believe in Santa. Do you tell them its time to stop believing in make believe things and to believe in real life? Or do you just let them believe what they want?"

S: "So what did you decide to do?"

E: "I just smiled and told him that his secret was pretty crazy. He said his Mom doesn't know yet and I told him to make sure he lets her down gently."

What probably made me laugh the hardest was the fact that this was the conversation between a 6 year old and 7 year old. "I'm the real Obi wan Kenobi." haha! Remember when life was so fun and ridiculous, but it was OK? I loved those days.




Comments

Nicola said…
That is so funny Stef. I love Ethan's response. What a great boy you have there!
Kiara Buechler said…
Oh my, kids are so funny!
momofthree said…
Love the "let her down gently" part. Ethan really is a thinker. I'm so grateful that he and Cameron are friends =)
W and J said…
Bahahaha!!! Awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away