9 years ago...

... I married my very best friend. 

I went from being a Betti to an Arnold

I left my parent's home and moved into a new home with my husband

Went to Hawaii on our honeymoon

Moved from our apartment into our first home

Gave birth to our first baby, Ethan  

Went to Washington DC

Visited friends in Washington state, not knowing it would someday be our home. 

Moved from Livermore to Brentwood

Had our 1st daughter, Rachel 

Joined a new church

Bought a house

Gave birth to our 2nd daughter, Kara

Moved to Washington 

Joined a new church 

Made lots of new friends 

Began the journey of homeschooling 

Began the process of paying off debt and saving for the future

Lost 3 babies to miscarriage

Learned that grieving as a couple brings us closer together and helped us remember that God is our rock and solid foundation

Had the privilege of seeing my husband perform the marriage ceremony at my little sister's wedding

Gave birth to our 2nd son, Miles

Finished paying off our debt {woo-hoo!!} 

Celebrated 9 years of marriage and 19 years of friendship - praise be to God! 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Those are just some highlights that I remember as I look back over the 9 years we've been married

I began a journey, not knowing the many blessings and joys that lay ahead, but I also had no idea how the trials that came would actually be used to draw the two of us even closer together.

Never realized how much I would learn about my spouse, myself, and about my Savior.
Wrapped up in this covenant called 'marriage' comes immense blessing and joy. 

Along with it comes a magnifying glass into my own heart, which can be scary ;-) 

I'm thankful for a man who prays with me, stays with me, is my coach during childbirth, my biggest fan on the days when I'm a hot mess from running the house and all the loveliness that comes with mommy-hood. 
Takes adventures with me and enjoys crazy things just because he knows I love them. 
When he says I'm beautiful, I know he's looking beyond skin deep. He sees my soul. He loves the woman I am, not the clothes, hairdo and make-up. 
To cherish, love, honor, and serve one another all because of Christ is so remarkable to me. 
I'm so honored to be married to this man.

Its not always glamorous, but its always us. Side by side, living this life together. 
Jase, you really are my lobster ;-) 
I love you so very much and thank God for you everyday! 



Comments

Acy said…
Best post ever!!! Loved it and can't wait to make a list like that next month when we hit 9 years! Great idea. Love you guys and its so neat to see all that God has done in 19 years!
Stef said…
Thanks Jennie! I'm SO looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks!
Brooke said…
Happy Anniversary!!
Kiara Buechler said…
Loved this. I really look up to you, you make me want to try to be a better wife and mother.
Stef said…
Thanks Brooke!
Kiara, that is really sweet, thank you. We live close enough to each other, we really should get together!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

keeping the sickies away

Blog Giveaway!!