I'm feeling twenty-twenty-two ...


I didn't realize back in 2017 that I'd be taking a 6 year break from blogging - but rest assured, I'm back ;-) 

Ethan is 17: driving, working outside the home, in the 11th grade and, even though he was our hardest most difficult toddler/child, he's been an amazing teen and young man. The power of prayer, am I right?


  Rachel is 15, in the 10th grade, learning to drive, my built in best friend, great with the jokes and witty humor. 

Kara is 13. she's in the 8th grade, busy learning how to care for the chickens & ducks, learning how to play her ukulele, and recently obsessed with vinyl.  



Miles turns 10 next month! T E N. Not sure how that happened so fast. He has taken to farm life very well and loves to be outdoors. Preferably barefoot :) 



Jane... Jane wasn't even around when I last posted! She's is 3 1/2. She's our miracle baby in every sense of the word. She's potty trained, sleeping in a big girl bed, talks a storm, makes us laugh until we cry, has mood swings like me ;-) and has the whole family wrapped around her teeny tiny pinky finger.

In May 2020 we moved to a 10 acre farm on the Kitsap Peninsula and we L O V E it. It was one of those decisions that we look back on and wonder why we didn't make it many years ago. However, I'm becoming a firm believer in knowing things happen at the right time and being able to appreciate the growth and maturity that comes along with the process. If we had moved here 10 years ago, I'm not sure we'd appreciate it as much as we do now, who knows. 
I learned that Jason has many hidden talents and apparently farm life was calling his name for many years and we just didn't know it. He has taken to this lifestyle so well and embraced all the "new and challenging" head on. I'm quite impressed :) 



Our lives have slowed down remarkably and we love and appreciate that more now that would have before. Jason works 100% remotely and will continue to do so.

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year, ended up having 8 tumors + my thyroid removed in October, followed by radioactive iodine therapy in December. I'm healing from all of that slowly. Some days are very good, some not so much. I still have some remaining cancer, but it seems to be isolated to the area where my thyroid used to be and the hope is that the radiation does its work and kills it off. 

                                                       getting ready to head in for surgery! 
                                        texted my mom this picture for her to show to Janie :) 


Along with all the weirdness 2020 (and beyond) was, it brought with it some things I think we will always look back on with fondness. The time we were able to spend, just the 7 of us (plus my cousin Sarah- she lived with us from March 2020- June 2021) has been something we won't ever regret. 
Staying up late playing games - talking - watching movies - whether its a school night or not - because we have nothing else going on tomorrow - so who cares if we start school at Noon?!  The chats around the bonfire, walks, creative outings when everything was shut down, learning to do church at home as a family, getting more consistent with parts of our lives we were falling behind on. Learning how to cook new foods, taking up new hobbies (I can now keep a garden growing pretty successfully!) It really wasn't all bad. There are things I already miss about the shutdown part of life. 















Comments

Gina said…
I randomly clicked your link to see if you had deleted your blog and blissfully found a new post! It was so good to "see" you all! Kind of funny too as I just posted my farewell blog post. I'll be leaving Insta too. Looking forward to being able to see your lovely faces here. Miss you all!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away