Sunday's Update

(update from this original post)

I know many of you are celebrating the Lord's day today and I wish I could be there with you in church. I stayed here in the hospital last night after being home for a night in Brentwood. I thought I'd give a quick update this morning since I didn't make it to the computer last night before it closed. Yesterday was uneventful, which in the NICU is a good thing. She's still hungry and sucking on that pacifier with all her might, but coping well with it. All the nurses have commented on how strong she is and how well she should do in surgury. I'm realizing that that is huge blessing. Her body has only experienced mild effects of the narrowing of her aorta, which is something to be very thankful for. Today we are going to finally talk to her surgeon and get all the details of her surgery and post op care. Another thing I keep getting told by the staff is how blessed she is to be here at UCSF under this cardiac team. The cardiac surgeons on staff are also professors and have taught some of the top cardiac surgeons across the country. I am thankful that she will be getting the best medical care available. Other than that I've been spending as much time holding her as I can between pumping and eating and resting. I washed her hair last night to get off the sticky sonogram gel from the day before. It was fun caring for her and making her "pretty" again. I'll try to post later today with info about the surgery tomorrow.

-Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away